View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #121
UncleMatt

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

Hi guys,

Long time no update! Sorry about that! This is due mostly because I decided to take a different direction with this build. And I've been focusing on helping finish a few of my friends trucks.

A couple weeks ago I took an unplanned road-trip to Indiana and bought a 1946 chevy 1.5 ton body to swap onto this frame. We had no tools so my buddy English and I stopped at Sears and bought a tool set he's been eying up, and I got a grinder and a sawsall. Then spent the next few hours taking the cab and front end off of this beast in a field. We had some challenges but we got it done. No thanks to the sawsall spitting it's blade out every 2 seconds... Total Crap! We loaded it into our trailer and headed home. We almost made it when English's f150 left us sit 25 miles from home at 2am on the turnpike. (Insert ford jokes here). All kidding aside though it was a great trip and I can't wait to get started on the swap.

I do love the '71 body but I fell in love with the '46 and it's almost 70 years of patina. Now to find an IFS that is narrow enough to tuck my Alcoas and strong enough to tow!

Before the mayhem

Damn cab mount bolts!

Somewhere in Ohio stopped for gas.

A quick photoshop rendering of the '46 on the '71 frame, and my inspiration for the build!
UncleMatt is offline   Reply With Quote