View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #94
bnoon

Re: Project "River Truck" - CCLB 4x4

I've had several brake issues over the years but I've never ever heard of the "famous" hose issue until this site. I've only ever replaced hoses if they had leaks or if I was upgrading to braided lines for track use. I found several videos showing it online, but have never experienced it once myself. I've had at least half a dozen bad calipers (usually the seals go bad and get filled with sand/dirt) and many many bad pins. I grew up with a wrench in my hand as the son of a mechanic and I'm 41 now... asked dad and he had heard of it but never experienced it either. Luck of the draw I guess.

EDIT: One way I would suggest to test the lines vs. caliper theory is to reverse bleed the lines. Pop the bleeder lose, fill a finger pump style oil can, attach a small piece of hose from the oil can output to the bleeder and pump a few squirts of brake fluid in through the bleeder. I've bled my brakes this way my whole life. Don't need anyone pumping the brake for you and don't need no expensive store bought pressure bleeder.

EDIT 2: Nice build by the way!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the H2 wheels on that truck!

Last edited by bnoon; 12-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote