View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Real Deal Rear Tow Hooks? What Are They Worth?

The extreme bend hooks are factory installed,so on the SPID...of the truck they came off of. But,just about all the people paying all the money for them are adding them to trucks that did't have them,so not on the SPID. So,you can't say their value is the price you pay to be 100% correct. The rear hooks were a GM accessory,so they can be put on any truck from day-1 and be 100% GM. There are all kinds of hooks,but only one GM 10-30 accessory hook. These look correct. The reproduced ones I can detect. The tip of the hook is different. The casting is off a bot from original. I feel they are worth at least $300,but honestly I'd check current extreme bend prices are go by that. They are certainly worth as much as the more common 69-72 hooks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote