View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Looks Are Deceiving 1971 C10 LWB Rebuild

I know the feelings I have had fender touch ups end up with total paint strippings, tune ups ending with frame off restos. Simple and quick little builds on these trucks may be a thing or the past well at least to the level I have decided upon.I have three this style 1 68, two 70's one of the 70's was gonna be the "cheaper" build of the three. It has now turned into a frame off as well with the 327 that I got with it but some engine upgrades and instead of the 3oot a T-5 from a hybrid Camaro S-10 two trans deal. I have even gone so far as to split the bedside form the inner stuctures to take care of the surface rust. things like that and it still is gonna be the "cheap"one? Oh yeah, I have a tilt column that I ground the shifter stuff off of and filled the holes primed it to paint body color to look like a factory floor shift tilt. I have a tach vac dash for it and some bucket seats with a fold down console similar to the buddy buckets but they were from a custom truck from 1993. I will have them covered to look like the seats should have from 70. and of course I will be adding power steering and brakes and disc 6 lugs still. Yeah I know what it is like when things go overboard and out of control.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote