View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #48
savatreatabvr

Re: Big Block Muffler SHOOTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonjwt View Post
Even if you had scientific laboratory comparison of the sound level of different mufflers, the actual sound in your truck would likely not match the laboratory comparisons. I have seen muffler sound comparisons on a corvette forum, but those were for performance exhaust - read loud.

BTW, why not spend a morning at that pick and pull on Buckeye and check out all of the old squares they have. I saw some exhaust systems that looked almost brand new. It is a crap shoot but if you see one with no holes or rust I think it is worth a shot. I think you can exchange it for store credit if it is no good. That would be my choice, plus a nice trip down old square memory lane. I would bring a good hack saw or battery powered sawzall from Harbor Freight if you have one. Some of those trucks had cats but some were just stock straight through setups. Or buy the whole exhaust if it looks good. Bring a small tarp to lay down on if you go - it is real nasty on the ground out there.
Yeah, my favorite here in Phx is Ecology Auto Wrecking, I installed the hold up buttons in the cash drawers about 10 years, no I don't get a discount on parts, lol! I think I'll stray from the ol Ecology and try another junkyard since I have a hard time finding parts on their trucks because they've all been chewed to the bone already. I don't know what I'd do if I found a truck that still had meat on the bones, I'd probably buy the whole truck and flip it upside down in the back yard, they seem easier to work on that way, lol!
savatreatabvr is offline   Reply With Quote