View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Rednek13x

Frame/suspension to bag it.

Right now I have a 1957 chevy 3/4 ton long bed. It's got lots of patina and some rust. So well, not a show truck. Now it is a blast to cruise around in around town, down the country road what have ya... But it's lacking just about everything else that I like. Like accelerating fast, going over 50mph, burnouts, sound of a v8 and having that nice stance.

Here's my question, in a few months I will be building a mild 350 for it. But what I am going to try and do, instead of putting the engine in the 3/4 ton frame, find a 1/2 ton frame. Probably a short bed. Or a long bed if I can find a long fleet side. And it's going to be on air ride. I want it to sit on the ground when parked and still have a decent ride height for driving or getting out of driveways.

Would I be better off with a 55-59 halfton with camaro clip, and build my own 4link and notch.

Or would I be better off with 55-59 half ton with porterbuilt front and build my own rear.

Or I was thinking find a 67-72 half ton frame with ifs on the front already, and set up for a 350. And build my rear.

So what I'm looking for is opinions why to go what route, and what will work to get the stance that I am looking for.

All the help is appreciated, I'd like to start looking for parts to start building this spring.
Rednek13x is offline   Reply With Quote