Thread: What is this
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
hugger6933

Re: What is this

Ok, Class is everyone paying attention? This man used the stripper on his parts and he did what most would do to deactivate the stripper, wipe it down with thinner. Then after the thinner evaped, he went to the next logical step WGR and wiped it and did that until the rag came back clean.
I know that I climb up on my thinner bucket [no really I do that] and preach to you guys about the prep involved. I get somewhere between 4 to 10 questions a week ether on here or in PM form I guess because the people have seen I will take time with them to work out any problem they have, and to them it may be huge when to the guys that do it every day it is a small thing. Prep is the most important thing to get any satisfaction and this man did everything seeminly right but stuff happens. Now to fix it I would sand it back with 120 then go out about three or four inches past that area since it is small and contained, scrub with soap and water then WGR and then reapply the epoxy primer. If you sand over what you have and then try to prime again it may lay down and be have, for a while probably until the clear is on about three or four weeks. Think of the sick in the stomach feeling that would give. One other quick thing if I can ever say anything quick, don't let your WGR dry on the panels wipe it on then with another clean separate towel take it back off. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote