View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #462
murphy98

Re: Post Your 60-63 Body Style Chevy/GMC Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
I'm usually over on the 67-72 threads.. but I had to say that's a good looking truck, and it's sparked a lot of memories.

I remember B/A quite well.
There was one on the corner of Dundas and Coxwell, where I grew up.
B/A disappeared in the '70s and that particular one became a FINA.

I was quite the menace in the day with my '66 Stingray..... bicycle.
And my friends and I would dare each other to run over the air hose line that would ring the service bell in the station.

The ultimate for us was riding up to the pump and quickly tripping the reset lever, setting the dials go back to zero before they could catch us.

We'd do it to these poor mechanics until their patience was done, and they'd chase us away..
Quite tame by todays standards no doubt.. but we pictured ourselves as quite the 7 year old criminals.

Again, great truck, I really like the long step, and the B/A paint job is great.
Thanks for the memories.

J.
Thanks for sharing your B/A memories! My Dad started with B/A in the mid '50s and stayed on with Gulf for a good 35 yrs in total. He was an auditor for some time and I used to check out the the cleanliness of the stations while he checked the books! I can so relate to the riding our bikes over the bell hose as a kid too. Lots of fun back in the day. When it came time to paint the truck I guess I just wanted to honour my Dad & a once great Canadian Oil Co. So I worked up the two tone white over green paint scheme & made up the Murphy's B/A Service logo for the doors. My Dad gave me the nick name Murphy as a kid when I used to get into trouble so I thought it was a perfect name for the truck. This is my idea of what a '60s B/A service station shop truck might have looked like. The truck is a blast to drive, only got a short time to drive it this past fall. It's in winter hibernation now so I hope I can get my Dad to take it for a spin in the spring.
murphy98 is offline   Reply With Quote