View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: '87 tank/fuel pump supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS-K View Post
Any idea how that '93 tank fits into my '82 Short bed K10?
Wasn't meaning for you to use the 93 tank. Use the tank you have and just swap out the fuel pump on the sendor unit with a LSx motor pump. You may even be able to get a whole sendor to swap out out of a junkyard truck. Most GM sendors are interchangable now.

Fuel pump assemblies for the LS1 engines with dual lines. The fuel pump assembly on the right has had the fuel sending unit removed for installation in a retrofit LS1 project. Even though it is possible to use these assemblies from the GM FWD cars from 1996 up, you will need to replace the fuel pump for proper pressure and volume requirements. these can be installed in a tank with a flat top and it will require ingenuity to mount and seal. Always use a gasket (cork/rubber) for a seal and you can use small sheet metal screws to install the pump to the tank. These is also possible if you have a single line fuel pump assembly from a 2002 and later vehicle.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote