View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Mackie

S10 Speedo into my `63 C10?

Hey guys, I'm sneakin over here from the 60-66 forum for some help.

The S-10 T5 trans (actual year unknown but guess it's `90-'92) I put in my `63 Chevy C10 is elect speedo sender and instead of the typical tail housing swap I'm wondering if I can graft the head from a junkyard S10 elect speedo into my cluster (repop of an OG)? I would use essentially just the red needle and mechanism that runs it in the 63's speedo face. I would hope to reposition the odometer (and it's motor drive) to the location in the 63 face, too.
Naturally I would want a unit with similar sweep degrees and number graduation. It looks like a`92 S-10 / Blazer speedo would work and should be sender compatible with my trans. I'm guessing other GM speedos from that basic generation would be compatible, no?

Also, I understand I need the DRAC module to play nice with components from this era. I would try to get the DRAC from the same vehicle I get the speedo from but can I consider other DRACs. I've read that calibration can be done by swapping jumpers in the module to match the PPM the speedo head needs to see. Since I will probably have to calibrate can I use, say a DRAC from a C1500 from late 80s-early 90s?

TIA for any help
Attached Images

Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote