View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #85
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: Automotive myths

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Some years ago I along with others thought that the cars with brains in them( computers we learned to call them) was a terrible invention just so the manufacturers and machanics could control all work done on cars and trucks..

Then as time went by I and others noticed that these computer fuel injected motors did in fact give the best performance you could get..

So the myth that these computer controlled automobiles would fail ,,was just that a myth..
I agree with you Larry. When someone says "They don't make them like they used to...." my thought is "be grateful they don't". All of the new technology has certainly improved the operability of today's vehicles from creature comforts to brakes, to reliability, and safety. I wouldn't know where to begin to work on a current car or truck, with all of the computer driven components, but I'm a lot more confident these days that when it's below zero in the morning my van will start.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote