View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #91
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Smile Re: Automotive myths

Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
I agree with you Larry. When someone says "They don't make them like they used to...." my thought is "be grateful they don't". All of the new technology has certainly improved the operability of today's vehicles from creature comforts to brakes, to reliability, and safety. I wouldn't know where to begin to work on a current car or truck, with all of the computer driven components, but I'm a lot more confident these days that when it's below zero in the morning my van will start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I agree too. However, the cost of taking a newer vehicle in for a repair is outrageous most of the time, and I learned real quick I had better figure it out! A good code scanner and a service manual puts you well on your way. Some things are actually easier. Nowadays I would rather replace a fuel injector on my Yukon XL than rebuild/tune a carb
I rest my case..^^^^.lol in regards to the myth I spoke of above

ever think of what the highways would look like if there were only cars and trucks older than ,,say 1979 ? Then imagine what the shoulders of the highways would look like with all the break downs..,,I like my truck and love driving it but not all people can fix cars and trucks like us guys and gals ,therefore the newer computer cars are pretty darn nice ..and dependable