View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
JPBrecheisen

Re: 1960 C60 Ball Joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack91z28 View Post
Yes sir, let us know how it works out. Quality, cost, customer satisfaction with Wheels now, etc... I'd be interested to see how much it costs.

Parts seem to be a lot harder to come by with these trucks, especially in the aftermarket.

What transmission does yours have?
Aftermarket parts are a bit tough to come buy. When I had the shop do the brakes, most of the general parts were still available.

Wheels Now quoted their wheels at $335 each. They did say that late January and/or February timeframe is a better time to purchase as they have sourced them from a different manufacturer at a lower price. The end result to the consumer will be about $225 each.

It will end up being a little pricey to make the conversion, but I've heard too many bad stories on the RH-5's to want to keep them around. I've heard in some states you're not even allowed to run them on the truck at all.

My truck has the Jobmaster 261 6 cylinder engine with a SM420 4 speed. It has the single speed rear end.

If you want to get into one of these old medium duty trucks, it sort of looks like you'll have a better time finding parts and or compatible items if you get into on that is 1963-1966. My truck is a 1960, which is what I like about it, but the earlier trucks like this one with the torsion bar suspension are a little harder to find items for. Seems like the 1963 and on (they started using solid front axle with leaf springs) are a little easier to find parts for and a little more common. I love that mine is a 60, but its a challenge as well. Hope that makes sense. I'm glad I got mine. I think its something different. You don't see these things hardly at all, so to see one running down the road all cleaned up will be neat for sure.

Jonathon

Last edited by JPBrecheisen; 01-25-2014 at 02:57 PM.
JPBrecheisen is offline   Reply With Quote