Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 PM   #387
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Motor looks great.
Are your headers or exhaust manifolds going to clear?
drive line length ?
Definitely has clearance for the radiator.
Hey Greg, it's good to hear from you. Of course I've been following along with Steiner and you've gone way past what I could even imagine . The exhaust headers are no problem, I'm using the Tru Ram manifolds and there's a ton of room to get at things and run the pipes off of the collectors. I've been wanting a set of those since they first came out and when I saw them on some of the trucks on the board, I was even more convinced. The driveline length will need to be changed but it was going to need to be anyway with the 700r4, so it will actually need to be shortened less, if that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigru View Post
Great build! Keep up the good work.
Thanks for looking in, man. I've got a long ways to go and the encouraging words really help with the motivation thing.

After much thought, and checking, and asking for opinions, I think the engine stays in the forward position. I just like the looks of it there and it seems and now there will be plenty of space at the firewall and a slightly lower center of gravity.
Today I needed some thinkin' time so I plugged in the headphones and went to the garage and tore apart my driveshafts. They are in excellent shape and the u-joints were all good, but the carrier bearing was another story. That thing had been worn out for quit awhile. I've got to decide which way to go with them. New everything or get the one original shortened, and get new u-joints for both and balance and of course carrier bearing.
I'll probably go new. Price and budget come in to play and I could always upgrade later if I want.
Anybody want to talk me into one or the other?

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote