View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #296
99-LS1-SS

Re: I think I've decided on a build "theme"

I have a minor update with the Blazer as well as an update on how terrible some people are at their jobs.

The Blazer is at the interior shop...a different interior shop than it started at. That guys turned out to be a sorry POS. I went to check on the Blazer while it was at his shop and to pick out materials for the interior. A few weeks later I asked the guy building the Blazer to go check the progress. The interior guy had the Blazer for over a month and hadn't touched it once. I needed to have the stereo installed before the interior was finished so they went to pick it up and take it to the stereo shop. I was shocked to find out how little progress had been done. On top of not touching the Blazer, his idea of a custom interior was buying a set of seat covers off of the internet and try to charge me like he built them from scratch. Needless to say, the Blazer never found its way back to his shop.

After getting the Blazer from the Sorry Interior Guy, it got hauled to the stereo place. They built rear panels for the rear speaker and the amplifier as well as wiring the truck for the stereo in a week. Once the stereo part was done the Blazer was hauled to a different interior shop. This guy is ~65 years old and is slow but he does really good work. He had 2 vehicles in front of my Blazer that he had to finish before he could start on it. It took at least 2 weeks for him to get to my vehicle. I got an update early last week on the interior. It isn't much but, at least it is some semblance of progress. I'm going to see if they can get more pictures this coming week. Here is the last photographic evidence that I have of anything resembling progress.

Once the Old Good Interior Guy finishes with it, the Blazer will go back to the place that has built it so far. They have repaired the cracks in the top. They also sanded the texture off of it primered, sanded and re-primered the top. I'm not sure if the top has painted yet but it's ready to be painted if it not. Once the top is done, they have a few places on the body that have gotten nicked throughout this process that have to be repaired. It will be off to the exhaust shop after that. After the exhaust is done the owner of the shop will drive it for a week or two to make sure everything works like it should and then I will FINALLY get it.

1984 K10 beater truck
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote