View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
SCOTI

Re: Front suspension crossmember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpanel View Post
I am looking to replace it, yes. But the problem I have had with Heidts parts is they use there own calipers, ball joints, rotors and such. So when something needed replacement, you had to go back to them. $$$$ There are companies that make control arms that use Original equipment style ball joint. And will give you the Moog replacement # so you can go to Napa and replace these parts. I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of specialty, 1 off parts that I can't replace.
Porterbuilts stuff uses C10 parts. I know their parts (crossmember & a-arms) are typically lighter than OE stuff. You might try them & see if they can do chromoly for greater weight savings. They have a coil-over option.

Fatmans Fab has a bolt-in C10 set-up thats MII based so replacement parts for those should be typical parts store items. They're also prob lighter duty & would likely also be lighter weight.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote