View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
68c10airstream

Re: LS Motor Position

HI Windsma, do as i did, used the organ donor truck mounts and make your own frame brackets. I used trailblazer compressor down low on passenger side using trailblazer bracket to block. Only issue is the lower 2 bolts go through compressor and bracket into upper edge on oil pan. trailblazer pan is odd, as front axle goes through it so modding the ac bracket will work. Truck ac has suction/discharge left to right and some guys notch the frame for ac lines. I used the trailblazer compressor because the suction/discharge are in-line front to back and the blazer compressor is a little smaller so you don't need to notch the frame. If i was to do it all over the trailblazer has everything you need. The mounts look like hockey pucks and sit low and back so not in the way of anything, headers,etc,etc. I will be making up a CCOT (cycling clutch orifice tube) system like the trailblazer uses. I,m running clutch fan so electrical hook-up will be easier. Probably use 73-87 c10 evap core in my 68 ac box, r134 accumulator, trailblazer lines and trailblazer condenser. Good luck, Brian F.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote