Thread: Project TN 20
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
R_W

Time for a glove box

My ultimate idea for a glove box is to build a metal one like Rian, but I got tired of waiting for myself to do it. So I thought I would try my hand at a cardboard reproduction, seeing that the wife had bought herself something nice in a box, I thought the box could be a glove box for me so I could get my money's worth....

I started with what was left of the one that came with it

Then I traced it

A box cutter and a hot glue gun

I picked up some rugged fabric at W*lm*rt and some spray tac. Good old duct tape to re-inforce around the attachment points, and I began to glue pieces in

This part is a lot harder than I expected, I began to tac in a small section, then peel back the fabric and spray once it was in place.

The final product is not bad at all, the pic makes it look wrinkled, though it only has a few "not perfect" bits. I think if I did a second one it would be more close to professional, but it is quite usable and up to most folks standards. The light on the left is an LED board that we make at my work, I'll have to find a circuit to tie it in to so it lights up at an appropriate time. I also poked a hole for an iP*d wire to go through

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote