View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #29
The Gibster

Re: 1972 Jimmy 4x4-Hillbilly Budget Build

Been a while since I updated this thread but I have not been slacking on the work! I pulled the front end off again to finish up the front suspension and put in the engine.

I cut F250 shock towers and welded/bolted them on to fit the extended shocks. I was a little disappointed with how much droop the Superlift softrides had at full bump, we will see how it handles...

Engine in!!

Engine build ended up being flat top pistons, summit 1103 cam and lifters, camel hump heads, edelbrock performer intake, holley 670 truck avenger and summit headers.

<br>
I ended up putting in a 1" zero rate to recenter the rear axle from the shackle flip and 63's. I am really happy with the height/tire combo and should be ok off road.

The truck is now registered/insured and I recently drove it for the first time ever. I was surprised with how healthy the engine turned out! The ride seems pretty smooth so far but it wanders like crazy. Next on the list is to put on side mirrors, get an alignment/fix wander, rhino line the cab and roof, and enjoy it!

How bad does everyone else's truck wander around 55mph? is it normal?

Last edited by The Gibster; 02-10-2014 at 05:41 AM.
The Gibster is offline   Reply With Quote