Thread: Tire sizes
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Pickle

Re: Tire sizes

I'm trying to stay as close to the same size as possible. I'm just trying to be cheap and spend as little money as possible until I make this trip and get a new job and so on. The 16" rims I bought have 265/75s on them and are mud terrain tires. Only two have any amount of tread left and I just felt it was a bit bigger than I wanted to move to. Since I'm shopping online for tires I found a local place that will switch them out for me and take the two good tires for payment making the tires + shipping (unless I go with discount tire direct which will ship for free) the only expense I have. I used a size calculator and 245/75 was a closer fit to my current set up, and websites are loaded with cheap P rated versions of that size. I'm getting prices as low as $90 a tire compared to $113 for XL and $135 for LT. The LTs I can only find on websites that either charge shipping or aren't as cheap as discount tire direct so I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth the $100-200 savings and will last me the trip and maybe a year of light use versus just forking over the money now and making my budget a bit more uncomfortable for the move. The only other mixed answer I've been getting is weather or not 245/70 or 245/75 will fit on the rims I bought that are 8" wide. some say its too wide, others say its at the end of the recommended range.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote