View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #52
COS399

Re: 89 GMC Cummins conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Yep that is a great job you are doing. Im looking forward to hearing more abt the 4l80 and how the controller works . I have a 2002 burb that i was thinking abt a cummins swap . I would need the same trans controller I guess. Oil pan is a issue on these IFS trucks I hear as well. I have had my eyes open for a truck like yours for some time now to do just as you are doing . Keep up the good work .
Thanks. I have been wanting to do one of these for a few years. I bought the 2000 Dodge donor truck over 2 years ago. When I finally decided to look for the crew cab to put the motor in, I found a guy with a '78 GMC K35 that was willing to trade me for a Honda 300EX. We met in Great Falls to do the trade and afterwards I stopped at a store and some gentleman asked me about the truck on my trailer and informed me that he knew a guy selling a similar style truck. I took down the information and a few days later I was once again hooked up to the trailer to look at the truck for sale. Of course I told my kid that he could have the '78 and I decided to make the '89 my project truck.

Ken, at Autoworld conversions, has done a conversion similar to yours and it looked to me like it came from the factory with the 6BT.
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote