View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #57
COS399

Re: 89 GMC Cummins conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
this is a sweet truck. well executed work!

Ryan
Ryan, Thanks. I have looked at your build as well and I am impressed with your handy work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Glad to hear it is under its own power now . A sweet truck for sure . The 24 V engine uses a ecm to run the eng correct ? What was the harness like to adapt to the chevy ?

I remember when I put the 92 eng in my 56 . The hook up and pluming was almost too easy . The 2 Ryan's help a lot . Other wise it would have just been easy . They get credit for the "too." Lol.
Yes, the 24 valve has it's own ECM. It is mounted to the left side of the block behind the fuel filter. As for the wiring it was pretty easy since you technically only have to hook up a fuse, relay and a switch to make this thing run. As for the transmission computer I had to tap into the TPS, connect two plugs into the transmission, tap into the brake pedal, hook into a 12 volt power and then a ground. Wiring the Intake heater relay was pretty easy and then I added the 6.2 water temperature and oil pressure switch to make the factory gauges work. Hooking up the "Glow Plug" indicator light was fairly simple as well. Of course some of these things you don't need and with the PCS transmission controller you can do some additional really cool things such as using factory switches/buttons to manually shift the transmission.
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote