View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #30
Jamminjohn

Re: Drive Shaft install question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreyel View Post
I am a little suspicious. The first driveshaft picture shows the leaf springs without u bolts. Jamminjohn, are you reassembling a basket case that someone else took apart? If so, who knows what drive shaft that is. It looks like it'll work fine with an 1-1/2" to 2" taken out.
I am afraid so, It was a trade gone bad.

I went to pick up the parts for the blazer and those were the 2 drive shafts that were there. I can not confirm that they came out of the blazer(I wouldn't know why he would have them if they didn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
Something aint right there. Is it a lifted truck? If you tried to put the shaft in like it is it won't fit. You have to push the end in first so the end that moves is in as far as it goes and then pull it out as needed to fit the yoke. My 4 wheel drive has round u bolts but sideways and hold the axle tube itself and clamps from the top of the spring. Axle looks correct. Is it centered in the wheelwell?
The truck is lifted, I do not know what size lift. Ill have to check to see that it is center in the wheel well, My first thought would be yes.

Do I need to flip the ubolts over?

I really do feel that the motor is a little to far back, But I am not sure. I do see that there are bolt holes in the frame for the cross member to come forward 2 inches
Attached Images

Jamminjohn is offline   Reply With Quote