View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #3
low&slow
Account Suspended

Re: porterbuilt body drop kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodydropped68 View Post
I've been thinking about the same thing on my 68. I've already done a 5-7 and I want just that little more without anymore suspension mods it rides great now and is my daily. Been talking to Nate about it since he is building the parts for my other truck and he says it's alot of work for the grain of 3/4 of an inch you have to raise the bed floor mod the front inner fender wells and maybe even the trans tunnel but I think it would be worth it.
I posted this exact question a few days ago in the 67-72 truck area. As for what Nate told you, that's good info. I didn't get any of that info on my thread. As for all the things you got to do, that's a lot of work for just 3/4 of an inch. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to raise the bed floor, but I'm not sure I really want to cut my bed out for not even an inch of body drop.

I then started to think about channeling the body around the frame. I understand you got to still do a lot of the same type of work that is required with the PB drop kit if not more, but at least with channeling it you can get more than 3/4 of an inch out it. Just my thoughts as I will be doing this in the near future.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote