View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #238
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

Box, splash aprons, and runningboards are all blocked and reprimed along with a new tailgate. Hopefully a week or so before color is on it. But, with my luck lately, probably not.

Motor is at the machine shop, so a few weeks, I should have that back for assembly. If it goes as planned, I will have the back half of the pickup stuff painted and mounted so I can quickly sand and buff all the parts before the motor gets back. Hen it's all nice and clean when it's in the garage. I got my pair of waste gates and started fabbing up the turbo mount/hot piping with the v-bands. A good friend of mine welds for a stainless pipe company and he can get his hands on a whole bunch of stainless, so my hot side will all be done out of that. He will be coming down and tigging it all together for me. Only a matter of time now! First carshow I wanna try and get to is in Columbus Nebraska on May 23-25th. I think it will be pretty tough to get it done, but maybe. If not, then my eyes are set on north plate Nebraska in September. I don't think I will be comfortable driving it this early to the Minnesota show.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote