Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:44 AM   #398
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
I'll be running mine in the rear position, just the way I've planned/mocked this build. I'll see what firewall clearance I have once its mocked in the frame. If position is good I'll work the firewall around the covers. Probably would have been easier if I had gone w/swp, but I had all the fixings to run a lwp and it allowed more money on the engine build. I'll be getting there in a few weeks. Working on the donar crossmember swap/disk brake conversion/new front suspension part currently.
I see no reason you should change it if you like it where it is. I'm using a long pump also, with an electric fan and space is not an issue. I've been following your build. The front end looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
How far forward does it put it? I picked up the same mounts. My driveshaft is already the right length for the stock position and a 700r4, but now wondering if I'll need to lengthen it if the engine moves forward.
It moves it forward about 2 1/2".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawest View Post
Nice build, I followed a link to your thread from another one that was talking about different options for under bed tanks. I am trying to figure out if a 60-65 Falcon or Mustang tank will work in my '69. Do you happen to know if the frame rail spacing is the same from your truck to mine? Also, what are you doing for a sending unit? Sorry for the sidetrack.
Thanks for looking in. I don't know the frame rail spacing but I think I've heard that yours is wider. The sender is still a question. I know of a place that I can get the mustang one changed to the correct resistance but they are a little spendy. I'm looking at some other options I might try to.

I've just been "buying and bolting" lately. I've picked up several engine necessities and I also finally located the flexplate dust cover I've been looking for. All of a sudden one showed up at Summit in powder coated black steel. The first I have been able to find except the chrome stuff. Just not a lot of choice for the 700r4 it seems. There wasn't a picture with the listing so I emailed them and they had me a photo back in a few hours. I bought it and a few other things and it took less than 3 days to get to me. I've bought quite a bit from them and they usually have a good price and in my experience great customer service. Ya think that'll get me something free? Not really. It's just nice when you can get good service and I believe in recognizing that.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote