View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 AM   #11
Matt21lutz

Re: My 83' C10 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Truck cabs don't have much room. That means the seats & cage have to be planned as a package to allow proper positioning of your helmet to the bars. A roll cage on the street w/no helmet just means you'll hit your head on something much sooner.

If the plan is to 'eventually' make it a track vehicle, I'd focus on the street aspect now & modify for track needs when the time comes so you'll be within current rules/regulations of the time.

The way I plan on making or having the cage built is an extremely tight fitting cage, as close as i can and still getting the proper amount of welding. I saw smitty's custom automotive out of ohio) build a roll cage is 67 c10 and the way it was built was PERFECT. tight fit, matched the contours of the interior of the body yet still met the regulations. I know it will either take a lot of time r the right amount of money, wait ill spend a lot either way haha but still i like the safety it would give me even just on drives in town or where ever I am. I have a lot of plans for my truck and I know it'll take time so I'm good with that.