View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
theastronaut

Re: Pro Touring C10, No Limit v Ridetech v PB v Hotchkiss

From what I've read (no personal experience) when researching options for my '66 C10, No Limit or Hotchkis will have more grip at the track. I'd personally go with No Limit.

No Limit's WideRide comes with a rack and pinion and LS mounts are available. Probably a good bit less weight too since just the rack will be about 25-30 pounds lighter than the factory steering parts, plus the crossmember should be less weight than the factory crossmember. They use a taller spindle (better geometry) and their Impala bases disc kits are extremely effective while being relatively inexpensive. The crossmember raises the inner A-arm pivots quite a bit for more ground clearance.

Hotchkis makes what is probably the best suspension package that goes on the factory crossmember. You'll probably want to upgrade the steering box since the Hotchkis kit keeps the factory style steering; they do include a redesigned center steering bar to fix bumpsteer. You'll need to come up with your own brakes, where No Linit has already figured out what works. You'll also still have lower A-arm ground clearance issues unless you section or raise the factory crossmember. Compare adding the cost of an upgraded steering box and upgraded brakes to match what comes with No Linit's WideRide.

Last edited by theastronaut; 03-16-2014 at 11:36 AM.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote