View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
PBFAB.COM

Re: Porterbuilt confusion. No instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t76turbo View Post
Done. He already replied that he was tie up but would reply tomorrow.

Thanks Nate for the immediate reply.
t76turbo-

Apologies for the delay. We do our best to respond to all tech. questions in a timely manner. Sometimes you get lucky and hear from me on the weekends... sometimes I can't reply until Monday. Today was a hairy one, and I wanted to stay late to make sure I was able to respond to clear up all the questions and confusion.

I will be the first to admit that we have been lacking good detailed instructions on a few of the kits and parts we make. However, we have been doing our best to work through all our products and put together concise and clear installation instructions. The Stage 1 kit has is one of the more simplistic kits we make and fairly generic in it's assembly... so it has not been at the top of the priority list. We do have some less detailed instructions and pics that should help you. I will be happy to send them over in an email. In regards to a hard copy of instructions being supplied in our kits... we have not supplied them in the past, and will most likely never do so. Our new webstore we are finishing up will automatically email a PDF of instructions that correlates to whatever part is purchased off the site. Until then, just send us an email request and there you go. Some of the instructions are currently better than others, but as I mentioned, we are working on correcting that.

I will cut and paste the information here in the thread in a few more minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Ya since they are sorting and packing the hardware themselves (I assume anyways) I wouldnt think it would be to hard to add a small label in the bag saying what it was for, or even just an A, B, C etc.

I have the stage 1 front kit and a trailing arm conversion that should be shipping soon so sorting hardware will be in my future as well
You will not have to worry about sorting hardware.
We have been for several weeks now, and are currently boxing all items separately with a correlating hardware kit that is boxed and labeled individually. The hardware kit is labeled to match the correlating part number and is boxed or packaged individually inside the larger box with the correlating part.

The kit in question was packaged prior to this. The current kits that are being shipped are packaged and labeled extremely well. We are making improvements all the time over here. Trust me, I wish I could snap a finger and have it all done at once... but unfortunately it's been a process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
They used to use a 'sharpie' w/the info tagged on the bags.
No more sharpie... we went a little more high-tech. Cool thermal label with new PB logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
I'm about to experience the same thing. None of my bolts are marked and really no clue how to install everything. I figured when the time came (hopefully soon) I will be calling to ask for an instruction sheet.
Just send us an email and we will be happy to supply you with some information that will be very helpful.

sales@pbfab.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson