View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #269
'92_work_in_progress

Re: What did you do yo your truck today??

Hello everyone. New to this site so I thought I'd introduce myself.. My friends call me Manny.. and I'm a technician out of the DFW area and have been working with cars since I was 9... and I'm 38 now. I don't think I know everything though and always take every opportunity to learn something new.

I currently am working on my 1992 1500 Silverado short wide with 200,000 on the original 5.7 lt with a rebuilt 700r4 tranny. I bought her about a year ago and have been doing minor stuff here and there. I am a hot rodder by nature and So when I have a toy truck I like to get them down like a Nascar Truck and get the suspension good and tight.

That being said, She is dropped but not so dropped that I bottom out on every bump in the road... Just enough to make her look mean. Like expected with her age, she needs some suspension work on the front end. So I will be rebuilding that as well.

She's gray with a maroon interior. The seats are from a 1996 so they have all power and have all the nice support. She is sitting on 15x8 rally rims with chrome trim rings and center caps wrapped in 225/60R15s up front and 295/50R15s out back.

I installed a new billet distributor shortly after getting her and replaced other various sensors right off the bat with lifetime warranty items so I wouldn't need to worry about those. (I tend to try and be proactive rather than reactive.)

She's been good to me this past year but unfortunately the years were not good on those 200,000 miles and this past Friday the engine started to let go on me. Lower end rod knock... with the size of metal chunks in the filter I am suprised she'll fire up and run. So I will be performing an engine transplant in the next week or two. Fortunately for me these engine are a dime a dozen and can be found on pallets at salvage yards or on racks and rebuild shops. Either way I decided she'll be back on the road soon.

Ultimately I will be installing an Stroker in her so I am not sure if I am gonna spend the extra money to get a rebuilt block or just settle for a more cost effective salvage motor.

Well that's all for now.. Look forward to learning and reading more post on this site. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by '92_work_in_progress; 03-19-2014 at 04:41 PM.
'92_work_in_progress is offline   Reply With Quote