View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #78
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
That is a bummer, but on the bright side, 127k isn't really that bad on miles for a 5.3. I know that's not problem, its the fact that you were lied to, so I feel your pain. What is different on the engine you have from the pic of it in the blue truck?

I saw your other thread on figuring out what year it is, and there are casting dates on a lot of aluminum parts. Under side of valve covers, and throttle body come to mind. There will be a little circle with a number in the center of it, that's the build year. Theyre all pretty close together on an engine. Also the steel baffle that bolts to the inside sump part of the oil pan will have a complete date stamped into it.
I got a number in front of the passenger side head on the block that says F100 from what I gather not 100% sure is the date if this is correct its a june of 2000....One of the differences that jumped right out to me was he serpentine belt, the one on the tahoe has writing and white markings on it and the one thats sitting in my garage the serpentine belt is all black couple of others but you need to zoom in quite a bit but am convinced not the same engine.