View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #301
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspect View Post
Dang, your truck looks clean. I like that steering wheel. Looks smooth and simple.
Thanks! The wife and I like it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Tail lights look really good installed.
Thanks, I'm happy with them! I think they'll look great on yours too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
I love your truck and what you've done to it! Were you able to get the valve covers installed yet??
Thanks! I haven't installed them yet. Haven't really done any more work on it since tuning it. The wife took it and the dogs for a few days to her parents deer camp a couple hours away (40+ acres of undeveloped land). That was last week-weekend, so I haven't had much chance to do anything to it.

We did drive it to dinner last night, or I should say she drove it and I rode along. When we got there I noticed a few drips on the pavement that followed her parking path. Turned around and saw a puddle forming... Turns out the water pump is finally giving out. Drove it home and the temps were very hot when moving slow, but cooled down at highway speeds. Made it home, but I'm going to be tearing it down to do the frontrunner swap starting this evening... Who said good things don't come from bad situations?

I am going to have to modify an A/C compressor bypass pulley to mount in place of the compressor since I haven't done my A/C install yet. That's going to be interesting, but I think I've found a close starting point with a factory part from a 2004 Bonneville. We'll see how that goes.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote