View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #94
travtodd

Re: Wing or vent window rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippeay View Post
For anyone that did this where did you buy your rubber from? I think I got mine from LMC and omg... These fit horrible! There's more than a half inch gap between the rubber and the door frame.... once I installed the vent window in the door...
I kept thinking I did something wrong until I put the other vent window in that I hadn't rebuilt yet and it fits pretty tight.
I started looking at the new rubber and it's much thinner than the original rubber. I know some aftermarket stuff isn't great but this is horrible. I thought about buying new rubber from Steele rubber but I'm worried I will have the same issue and it's not cheap.
Anyone have the same issues?
Bit of a delayed reply, but I have been on quite a journey replacing the vent window rubber in my 87' K5 Blazer. This thread was VERY helpful. I also had quality issues with LMC and 1A Auto. I finally ordered from Steele and found the quality to be far superior. In this case, I got what I paid for. The fit-n-finish was awesome and I could easily tell which one was from Steele just by the look and feel of the rubber.
travtodd is offline   Reply With Quote