View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #74
62lwbc10

Re: Keeping them stock

This is an interesting topic. THere was a time not long ago that I really didnt care for modified trucks at all, and now I find myself spending thousands putting a 350 motor, TH 350, etc in my 58. LOL. I do really appreciate the stock trucks and all that goes into getting them that way, but I also appreciate some modern luxuries. At this point in time (maybe I will change again in the future) I like trucks that LOOK stock from an exterior and interior perspective, but have more modern suspensions, motors, trannys, etc. Im also not a fan of lowered trucks but thats just me!

I have to agree with the gentleman regarding the drum brakes. You wont hear me disagree that its better to have discs but I have been doing just fine with my drums and I actually drive pretty agressively. I do leave more room though, but I must admit I have been in some emergency situations and the drums have performed fine (as they did for everybody for decades before discs came along). I think if youre going to put a 400+HP big block in the truck and want to race it or whatever than maybe a brake system upgrade is in order.
Attached Images

62lwbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote