View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: HD relay conversion headlight harness available!

No, my harness has 2 relays to keep it simple....and I make use of a blocking diode for the 4-HI feature thus no need for a 3rd relay. As for the wiring itself, once installed there is never any need to go back to stock.....I doubt anybody would actually keep their old, dilapidated 18ga wiring to go back to stock-if anything its a great selling point if you opt to sell your truck down the road. No, my kit is designed to splice into the OEM wiring just behind the LH headlight on the inner fender-there is a 1/2" loom that is an ideal spot for adding my harness-from that point forward, it is designed to replace your entire headlight wiring-you need to separate out the parking and turn sig. wiring and put them inside your new flameproof loom that I provide-and I include new clips since your old ones will most likely break off once you try to remove them.

HD 12ga. power feed goes to alt. charge post to provide power to the 40 and 50 amp rated relays and it is protected by an MIDI 40A fuse and screw down holder for a clean, modern appearance. Wire length is a match to the OEM GM harness with the exception of larger, HD 14ga leads to the lights from the relays and proper sized and lengthened ground with HD eyelets to secure exactly where the OEM harness did. Since I incorporate the diode protection within the harness, you can substitute either of the 2 relays for a standard 5 pin style should you ever need to. The relays mount inside a mountable base so its easy to swap them out. And no need to worry what type of relay you need-the harness has the 4-HI feature built-in. I provide commercial grade ones in the kit which are rated at 250,000 switching cycles-I doubt you'll ever need to replace one barring some kind of physical attack on them....lol