View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #141
COS399

Re: 89 GMC Cummins conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Yep truck looks great . Agreed on rebuilding D60 king pin vs. ball joint . I did cheat on mine tho . Did the bearing and stuff in the bottom but did not actually remove the top pin with the 7/8 as Ryan suggested . Just did the big bushing and a new spring . Was going to do the pin tho. I bought a 7/8 coupling nut and planned to use it in the pin and a big bar on the other end . Chickined out tho as mine was in there good . Made it easy to decide the pin was good enuf and just install the big bushing and call it a day . It was Beer :30 by then anyways .

You back up to your 5th wheel trailer yet to see if you will be able hook to it ?
I ordered up the parts to do both sides, but the more I research this the more I am leaning towards changing or at least checking everything that seals or moves so that I don't have anything to worry about for a while.

As for the trailer, well I measured it the other day and it was close with the original tires. It will definitely be on the high side with the new sneakers. I still need to install a GN hitch in the truck. I put a GN adapter on my trailer so that I didn't have to install a FW hitch on each of my trucks. I will definitely be looking into this further once I get front end fixed.
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote