Thread: $50K Blazer?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #22
skorpioskorpio

Re: $50K Blazer?

But then again who would have ever thought some of the muscle cars from that same time frame would be getting 6 figures now. It used to take perfect restorations to get big bucks but a lot of the really high dollar cars these days in Mecums and Barrett Jackson auctions are resto mods. I personally think it's too middle of the road for big bucks, it's clean but a lot of paint where replate should have been done, engine bay too OEM, wheels are too personal, U-bolts aren't cut, I don't really have a problem with the seats, but that's me. Is it worth that? Maybe, but as a driver it would lose half it's value in 10,000 miles, as it would if it was perfectly restored at that price.

I will say though, if you found a very good Blazer it would cost you $20-25K, and if you took it all apart and made it as clean as that you'd easily be at $50K if you did a lot of the work yourself. There is a shop here in So Cal that does Bronco restorations and they charge that if you bring them a pretty good shell to start with. There is another shop in Alabama that does Land Rovers, similar story. IMHO 1st gen Blazers are way under valued compared to what some of the other cars of that era go for. You can't buy much that's topless and clean from before 1972 for less than $35-40K.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote