Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #284
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well, i haven't gotten much done the last few days, I had my knee let loose on me again Friday right after i got the blue bed on the C10 and was putting it back under the cover, I'm still walking on it but it hurts with every step, kinda like someone is shoving a broad head arrow under my knee cap and into the side, also feels like its separating every time i lift my leg when walking, i have a Dr appt tomorrow.

I also had to work this weekend, 10 hour days, had to modify the way i do my job but was able to make things happen. Never mentioned it before but i run a Gantry Mill and my mill bed is 20' wide by 110' long with dual spindles, my parts run 65' to 100' in length, lots of climbing, crawling, stooping and bending. Sometimes i think i need to find an easier job, but when the mill is running i have lots of "surf time" for this forum LOL!

So its not much but i did hobble outside yesterday and finished roughing out the lower bed cut out and mounted the door, still need to clean it up a bit. I did mess up a little in my calculations when welding in the filler tube vent line and probably the door position, ended up having to cut the floor back a bit more than i wanted, i ended up cutting away the flange of the bed support for about 3" . The door does need a little "strong arm contouring work" but i think it will be ok. Need to work on the cover next but not too sure how far i'm gonna get.

I didn't see the pin holes around my weld before i put the epoxy primer on the bed, I think i'll have to sand the primer away and do some spot welding before i do any body filler..
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote