View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #175
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
I copied this from an LS1tech post posted by Brenden from LT1swap.com

The fuel pressure specs are straight out of GM Service Information online service manuals.

"1999-2003 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 all had a fuel rail with 3/8" supply line and a 5/16" return line. The fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel rail, and has a vacuum line to the intake manifold. In 2004, All engines went to a single 3/8" supply line, with NO RETURN LINE (returnless) except 5.3L L59 Flex Fuel vehicles. For 2004, Flex fuel engines KEPT the return line, BUT used a fuel pressure regulator with a lower pressure ratting. 2005 5.3L L59 Flex Fuel engines switched to a single 3/8" supply with NO RETURN line in 2005. Non flex fuel engines, fuel pressure spec is 55 to 62 psi with vacuum line disconnected, fuel pump running. 5.3L Flex Fuel engine 2004 and back, 48-54 psi with vacuum line disconnected, fuel pump running. 2005+ with returnless fuel rail all shared same fuel pressure spec, 55-62 psi. There is no vacuum reference on these, so fuel pressure should remain constant under all operating conditions. The computer is programmed differently for fuel flow rate depending on type of fuel rail. This is important to know when having a PCM programmed."
Thats awesome information LS1 ! I need to make sure fuelinjectionconection knows this information before he flashes my computer !