View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #324
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

hmmm... I've got a leak that I'm not really sure where it could be coming from...

I went with a co-worker to lunch today. It's raining, and fairly hard, so lots of water coming down. We leave the restaurant to go back to work and as I'm pulling out of the parking lot, water comes out of the glove box! He opens the glove box and sure enough, there's water inside the liner. He pulls all my paperwork out and uses a rag I had in the cab to soak up some of the water. We get back to the office and I pull the rest of the stuff out and soak up as much water as I can.

So here's where I'm stumped. Where's it coming from? The top and sides of the glove box liner are dry. No trace of water leaking in from above. The windows were up and the glove box was closed. There's no water anywhere on the top of the dash or on the face of the glove box. The only thing I can think of is the hole from the antenna cable, which wasn't filled when the PO deleted the antenna, but the lack of water-soaked upper glove box liner has me baffled. Any ideas?

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote