Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 03:07 AM   #306
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well its official i have a tear in my meniscus, I've had my knee lock up on my a number of times too so what i thought may be ripped or warn tendons was not the case, turns out the torn portion of the meniscus is moving put of place and getting lodged between the joint surface, she didn't seem too concerned about having surgery at this point but agreed i could use a better knee brace designed to take pressure off the inside of the knee so i will be checking that out on Tuesday. In the mean time i am up and active but just using caution and if it starts to get sore i ease up on it, pretty much life as usual now.

I spent today getting the rest of the step side bed taken apart and stored away. Used my SawZall to cut the rusted floor bolts so i could take the sides and header apart, still need to cut the bolts to separate the bed strips and bed supports.

Then dragged out my plasma cutter to the edge of the garage door and proceeded cutting the bed supports out of the original bed floor of the rust bucket, i wanted to save them just in case one may be needed later. Then I cut the mounting plates off my old K20 bumper to use them on the new /used rear bumper i just got, that was a pita because my plasma cutter is good up to 1/4" but the mount brackets were 3/8", got it but it wasn't pretty.. Anybody ever use a Plasma cutter in the rain? Hope i'm not tempting fate.

A trip to the scrap metal recycler is in my near future, probably have a couple hundred lbs of scrap laying around now.

Of course this is what i was working with again... Rain!
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote