View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #13
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
You know they say one mans junk is another's treasure.....I think you come across some cool finds.
I always have my eyes open, for myself and also for stuff any of my friends may need.

This came to Grizz Towers this week while I was away.

Lewis123 offered these bits out free from an aborted project months ago, loads of talk but no takers.

I had scored a free wood lathe and he offered to meet up with Nicola while I was away at work this week to trade the two piles of junk.

I am hoping to add the 10hp mower engine, and rear drive axle off a ride on mower to the disability scooter I recently got.

I will leave them alone and try to finish some of the other random jobs I need to do around the garage and shed first.

On Wednesday night I was out for a work meeting about 3hrs from home when I got a call just after 9pm from an unnamed benefactor to ask where he could put some skip treasures he had saved for me from a job.

When I got home on Thursday afternoon, this lot was waiting for me.

Can only say I was a happy man.

Of course I had to try out the one Belisha Beacon on the dummy pump.

Fit, ratio is better than the IKEA light I recently bought.

In other news......

Got home twice this week to find number plates in the post.

Amazingly, I have been looking for Arabic plates for years, and two land in one week.

One from Paologray on VZI....... Thank you mate. (His dad liberated it)

From Saudi Arabia with love.

Tonight when I got in, another parcel, from the USA.

Thank you Craptain (Andrew in Florida) who offered me these, the only one I already had was an Idaho plate.

The rest are all treasures to me, and the Delaware plate....... WooooHoooo !!

Not sure I have ever seen Delaware for trade.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote