View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #729
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Update. I met a member today (Joe Pass) who came by to help dial in the engine and get rid of some of the gremlins haunting the engine. We added a fuel pressure regulator which required changing the fuel line to the carburetor. Adjusted the timing (which was way over 12 degrees), Adjusted air/fuel mixture on the carburetor and put the vacuum line on the correct side of the carburetor. We discovered that a much needed bracket for the 700r4 transmission cable was missing from the carburetor, which was causing slippage in the transmission. I ordered the part from Summit and will put it on when it arrives.

After all that the engine is running smooth and sounds so much better. We went for a short drive to the gas station to fill up the empty gas tank. We drove through some puddles, while it was raining. A first for Joe in a hot rod and a first for Lemondrop.

If all is good after putting on the transmission bracket, I’ll take a trip up to Joe’s shop for some fine tuning (more so to check out Joe’s shop). He is a wealth of knowledge and I’m happy with what he did. He understands how supped up engines can be temperamental.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP JOE. Great to meet you.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200082
jugernot is offline   Reply With Quote