Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #332
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So as i mentioned i don't work fast, between my shaky hands and worn out body its taking me about 2-3 times as long to accomplish something than it did 20-30 years ago, lots more grunting and griping too as i climb in and out of the engine compartment for what seamed about 60 times this weekend. LOL! I swear if i had a shop (and a cement floor) i'd weld up a big rolling tool tray that i could slide into the opposite side of the engine bay so i could load it up with what i need.

Anyway, out with the old and in with the new, i pulled out my machined straight edge and checked the mating surfaces of the intake, one side had a nice rock to it so i took it to my favorite auto parts/machine shop and asked what it would cost to do a minimum clean up on the manifold, I was money ahead to just buy another new one for an additional $30, sometimes its just not worth the headache, plus they had one on the shelf.

Got it all back together today less the fuel line and antifreeze, i decided to add a fuel pressure regulator at the advice from another board member but naturally i forgot to buy some bendable steel fuel line.. Still need to figure out where to add it and keep the fuel line mounted solid.

Here,s a shot under one of the valve covers, still nice and clean for a '95 build and 80,000 miles, did note a little wear on the rollers, a little bummed about that.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote