Thread: 1980 GMC truck
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #5
Green 1959

Re: 1980 GMC truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Sounds like things are going well on getting the truck back on the road. What year, etc is your truck?
Les
It's a 1980 GMC Sierra Grande 1/2ton 4wd, it has the factory option 16 inch rims. I have just put new tires on it, only to find out that all 5 rims are bent. Previous owner beat it pretty hard LOL. Other than that it is a run of the mill 350 with a turbo 350 and a 208 transfer case. The engine I built for another truck when I was in high school, it was out a of truck that the engine was locked up on. Found water in one of the cylinders because the hood was left off with no air cleaner, I was able to disasseble without destroying the pistons and to the dismay of my auto shop teacher put new rings in it, rebuilt the heads and ran it. He said it would never last and it out lasted the truck I put it in for 7 years and then now in this truck for a couple years on my dad driving it (beating). I am in the planning stages of putting a air system in it so I can air put tires on the road and had minor use of air tools.