View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #171
jtp67-72

Re: 68 C10 Project FROSTBYTE Extreme Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinlow68 View Post
So I just got back from the garage after re-adjusting everything and I now have the transmission set to 5*. I'm just hitting in a couple spots, but it looks like all I'm going to have to do is change the shape of the top of the high hump by pounding it up and giving it a curve instead of it being flat. If I went up to a 3* slope I could definitely see that there would be more interference and it would become an issue.

When you guys were measuring the 5* slope of the transmission, where were you taking it from? The back of the tail shaft? Maybe I'm taking the measurement at the wrong spot... Everything seems to look right and after checking my other angles for the drive shaft, those seem to be pretty much spot on as well... Let me know if you could. Thanks!
I like to use the bellhousing flange ( back of block ) or if intake is off lay straight edge across end valleys with digital angle finder I have...remember on most sbc intakes u can't use carb flange because it already has 3-4* built in to level carb when engine and trans are set to specs....I have used back of tailshaft too..........jim