View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #378
butternut1972

Re: Project. Long Overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
X2

Hey Butternut, what is the specifics on your lowering? 6-8"?
The front is a stepped control arm that has roughly 2-2.5" or a little more built in to it, the spring is a 3" dropped spring that i took a little more out of. I have a buddy who builds outlaw 10.5" cars build the control arms for me years ago, the upper control arms are a tubular unit that have extra camber built into them, I can't remember the manufacturer at the moment. I needed the extra to push the top of the wheel out for alignment.

The rear has flip kit w/C notch, 2" block, and a two springs removed from the leaf pack. I must of had the back apart 10 time to get it sitting where I wanted it. The only problem I have in the rear is the center section will hit the bottom of the wood if I hit a big enough bump. I have had me and two buddy's in the truck at once and we are all 200 lbs, and I hit the pavement a few times, but its not to bad.

I did have to put a mini-tub in the bed to get rid of tire rub on the inside, the rear wheels are 15x10 W/6" BS and a 275/60/15 tire. the fronts are a 15x7 W/ 225/60/15 tire.

I have always liked the drag race look with as much tire as possible under the back, so thats what I was going for. Thanks for asking and if you ever have any more questions I'm happy to help.