View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
mr48chev

Re: tucson az, anyone recognize this truck? last sold in sahuarita 1950 chevy

Have you ever considered the possibilities that the buyer or the buyer after that one made such serious changes to the truck that it is no longer his "old truck" but their truck that they bought and updated? Then there is the chance that the truck has become part of that person's family and it isn't for sale at any price. Not everyone will up and sell a truck or car just because the previous owner's buddy or relative shows up on the doorstep and begs to get it.

The 51 Mercury I owned for 33 years is a case in point. Although it was the official "not for sale at any price" car I ran on hard times and the guy who bought it had cash green money in his hand. He also spent close to 20,000 on it making it his own in that he fixed every flaw on the car and painted it top and bottom and put a seriously by nice interior in it. It is no longer my old car but is the car that I used to own that he took and made his own and made a pretty nice car out of. Not the way I had planned to build it but he didn't make any changes that a trip to the chrome shop and a trip to the tire shop can't fix.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote