View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #732
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

I had Lemondrop towed up to Joe’s Place. What an awesome shop. We did some more researched and learned that the trans TV cable was not properly installed, parts were missing which has a great effect on how the transmission operated. I ordered a new TV cable, linkage and bracket which is highly recommended by Bowtie Overdrives. After installing the proper parts and performing the recommended tests to document the transmission pressures, we took Lemondrop for drive. Wow what a difference.

We also replaced the fuel pump with a 6 psi rating, which eliminated the need for the fuel regulator. We rebuilt the carb and Joe made a few more adjustments to dial in the tuning.

During the week it was at Joe’s place he looked over the truck and found some things that I had installed incorrectly, rag joint, shocks and suspension components and some things that broke and needed repairs, speedo gear and leaking seal. He shimmed the transmission to get a better angle on the drive shaft. He replaced the leaking steering gear box with a remanufactured one and made an adaptor for the power steering hoses. He installed the proper parking brake cable bracket on the hand brake under the dash. He made a stainless steal line for the vacuum line and PVC line. Joe also did something that I didn’t expect, but was happy that he did, He checked the AC system for leaks and then charged the AC with a 1.5 lbs of 134. On a hot day the AC temp at the vent was 53 degrees.

A friend of Joe’s dialed in the alignment and wheel bearing preload.

Friday I went back to Joe’s and we went for a drive. Words cannot describe the why I was feeling. Happy, excited and yet nervous that the engine was gonna start running rough and we’d be stuck on the side of the road. We took Old Redwood Hwy north and drove to Healdsburg. We drove through town and received a “thumbs up” and “nice truck” from a few people we passed. From there we jumped on Hwy 101 back to Joe’s. Everything worked great. RPMs at approximately 70 mph were at 1800.

Today I drove Lemondrop home, which was the longest trip to date that truck has taken. I am confident that I can know take it on some road trips and if I finish the truck up by next summer (still have interior and bed wood to doo) I’ll take it to some car shows.

Joe is a great guy with a lot of knowledge, which he is more then happy to share. I have to thank him for getting Lemondrop to this point as well as thank him for reigniting my interest in the truck. I can once again see the light at the end of the tunnel and its not too far away.

THANKS JOE.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200082
jugernot is offline   Reply With Quote