View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #608
Low Elco

Re: Project '64 Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
I found out the hard way about the cat-in-the-attic. About a week after we moved in, we heard a scratching sound coming from the ceiling of the master bedroom at about 2am. Not knowing anything about the house, I was a bit freaked out, but I grabbed the ladder and opened the attic access. When I kicked on my flashlight, I was about 3" away from a fossilized turd and I flipped out. I thought that there was a GIANT rat in the attic! It turned out to be a mouse, which I resolved quickly with a trap. After talking to the neighbors, I found out that the weirdos that owned the house before me had a cat and a dog that didn't get along. The only safe haven for the cat was the attic, which it used as a litterbox. The idiots even facilitated the cat's access to the attic by stacking a bunch of boxes against the wall and knocking a hole in the sheet rock in the ceiling of the garage and even cutting a hole in the firewall (!) between the garage and the house. This was done by the same guy who lost a finger by oiling the chain of his motorcycle while it was up on a stand running and spinning the rear wheel......seriously. A real brain surgeon. I wound up replacing all of the insulation in the attic because of the cat doody.
Schnikies!
Dimwits heve their uses, though. Bet you got a good buy-in, but ohhhhh the horror! (lol! Been there.) Hope it levels out and you're back in the shop soon. Some of us need some inspiration 'round here!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote